Who We Are
HowAboutWe is the modern love company. We help people fall in love and stay in love.
We're a well-funded ($18.5mm), rapidly-growing startup with headquarters in Brooklyn, NY. We build breathtaking products that transform people’s lives. You can read more about us here.
We have three main products:
- HowAboutWe Dating is the offline dating site. Members post date ideas, connect, and meet - offline.
- HowAboutWe for Couples helps couples have wonderful experiences together. Members choose from our curated collection of one-of-a-kind experiences for two; we take care of all the booking. It’s the must-have membership for the modern couple.
- The Date Report provides engaging, entertaining and enlightening content about dating and relationships.
Who We're Looking For
You are an expert Android developer who wants to join us in creating a suite of large consumer-facing dating products that are transforming the way people find love online and offline. People want you on their project because they know you will increase its chances of success.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience building native Android applications.
- Strong Java knowledge including testing frameworks
- Experience writing apps that consume a 3rd party API
- Several functional, up-to-date apps in the Google/Apple Store
- Think independently and love sharing your own technical solutions with others
- Smart, with CompSci degree or equivalent
It's a plus if you have:
- Experience with web MVC stacks like Ruby on Rails (that's what we use).
- Skills in Adobe Photoshop to prepare assets
- Web and/or print design background
- Competitive Salaries and Stock Options — We pay highly competitive salaries in addition to significant stock options.
- Continued Learning — We'll pay for team members to attend conferences and get coaching to continue learning their craft
- Health Insurance, Vision, and Dental — Exceptional Health Benefits.
- Ten Paid Holidays — Our office closes for all standard paid holidays.
- Fifteen PTO Days — We encourage all team members to take vacation and recharge.
- Food & Drink — Stocked fridge, some team meals, etc.
This position is for full-time employment on-site in our office in DUMBO. We will support relocation for the right candidates.
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you love our work and want to contribute to it. Then please send a resume and cover letter to Andrew Watkins, VP of Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org.