“The Berenstain Bears and Too Many Pre-Existing Conditions”by Chiara Atik on February 28, 2012
Yesterday, news that Berenstain Bears author Jan Berenstain had died led many people on Twitter and Tumblr to reminisce about their favorite family of bears. As children, we learned so much about life from their saccharine little episodes: how to deal with a trip to the doctor; how to avoid messy rooms; how to refrain from eating too much junk food, fighting with siblings, watching too much TV, and polluting.
So what titles would Berenstain Bear books have if they were written for adults? Mara Wilson tweeted some good ideas yesterday:
- The Berenstain Bears and Too Many Student Loan Payments
- The Berenstain Bears and The Trouble With Friends With Benefits
- The Berenstain Bears and Too Many Pre-Existing Conditions
…to which we’ve added…
- The Berenstain Bears Lower Their Expectations
- The Berenstain Bears and Sister’s Ill-Advised Sext
- The Berenstain Bears Go to the Free Clinic
- The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Monogamy
- The Berenstain Bears and the Passive-Aggressive GChat Fight
Got additions? We want to hear them.