A few weeks ago, after a night of intense, intense partying, I woke up still very drunk. I texted myself “bleeding brain. tingling fingers can’t swallow gash on leg lost everything” to remind myself what happens when you drink too much. I hoped that it would become some sort of life-changing mantra that would cause me to be a more responsible adult. It didn’t and I have repeated my mistake already. But you know what has been a constant reminder? The gash on my leg. It’s still there.
Anyway, the point of this is that many of us don’t want hangovers or the nasty effects of too much booze. But we’re not going to stop drinking all together. There must be another solution. I like this video because it offers do-able tips. I feel more adult-like just watching it. And these are scientifically-proven tips! See how we’re growing up, together? Watch the whole video, but here are the basics:
1. Eat fatty foods and carbs. (Oh, if the scientists insist.)
2. Drink water before, during, and after drinking.
3. Drink lighter-colored liquors.
4. “Beer before liquor never been sicker” is actually true.
5. Aspirin before bed. (NOT TYLENOL.)
6. Eat eggs for breakfast the next day. And a banana. With fruit juice.
7. Know your limit. (Borrrrring, but true.)