10 Signs You Need to Go on a Dateby Chiara Atik on January 18, 2012
1. All of your dating anecdotes are from high school. (“And this one time we were making out in my parked at the Marina, and a cop pulled up….”)
2. You drunkenly hook up with someone almost every weekend, but can’t remember your last sober kiss.
3. The most romantic thing that’s happened to you so far this year was when Liz Lemon made out with her secret boyfriend on the season premiere of 30 Rock. Which you watched alone in bed.
4. Your Facebook friend from high school, about whom you secretly think “How did he land a hot girlfriend?”, has broken up with said hot girlfriend and started dating a second hot girlfriend. You’re still single and stewing.
5. The mere thought of going on a date gives you anxiety, because you actually have no idea how to act on one. (“But how does one set up A Date? Where does one meet? What does one talk about?”) (JUST GO ON ONE, DAMNIT.)
6. Your friends/co-workers/Mom have all said they want to set you up with someone, and they’re starting to get insistent. Better take matters into your own hands.
7. Your friends always ask you to babysit/water their plants/have a ‘casual night in’ on Saturday nights because it would never even occur to them that you’d be on a date or have plans that night.
8. Your last date was a bad date. (Replace that awful memory with a better one!)
9. You ended a serious relationship…six months ago. Time to get out there.
10. You really, really, really want a relationship in 2012. You want it, you gotta do the work! Relationships start with a date.