Happily Ever After? Imagining How These 10 Classic Christmas Lovers Ended Upby Cass Colin on December 08, 2011
After the credits rolled on these classic Christmas films, where did the lovebirds end up? Next Christmas, were Buddy the Elf and Jovie still together? Let’s imagine who was still wrapping presents for each other the following holiday season.
1. Buzz from Home Alone: He married that girlfriend. Woof.
2. Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer: Rudolph immediately began ignoring Clarice after being Santa’s big man in charge. Clarice was heart-broken, but eventually took up with a more mature reindeer. Rudolph is still swaggering, but thoughts of Clarice keep creeping in.
3. Hermey the Elf Dentist from Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer: Are you kidding? Chicks love doctors — even tooth ones.
4. Mark from Love Actually: Didn’t you see this? It all worked out.
5. Thurman Merman from Bad Santa: Somehow, living a life raised by Billy Bob Thorton leaves him well-adjusted and actually cool. He ends up dating multiple awesome girls (spurned a bit by his thinning out significantly in his teens). He’s still riding this wave of popularity into his 20s.
6. Ralphie from A Christmas Story: Ralphie continued a life long underdog status, and many more adventures over the holidays with his old man. His romances weren’t much to write home about until he went to college and met a nice girl in his English class. He brought her home to meet the family — and despite seeing an embarrassing photo of him dressed in a pink rabbit suit — she accepted his proposal.
7. The Grinch: After feeling empowered by his new found ability to love, the Grinch took up with one of the prettiest Whos in Whoville. Unfortunately, his old ways began to creep in and his heart shrunk down to its standard size and after being as patient as she possibly could be the Who left him. The Grinch has now returned to tormenting his dachshund and calling her house and hanging up.
8. Buddy and Jovie from Elf: Buddy and Jovie had their first child and lived in a state of hardcore bliss. Things seemed incredibly perfect. Buddy was cranking out successful children’s books and Jovie was booking consistent gigs singing in coffee shops. But when she got a record deal and started singing Christmas music with this guy, things got a little dicey. In an effort to work it out Jovie gave buddy a spot in the band singing back up and playing cowbell. So far things have improved greatly.
9. Tiny Tim from A Christmas Story: He lives and takes up finds true also sickly love in the children’s hospital. She doesn’t make it for long though, and he dies right after holding her had. Sadtown, but still pretty romantic.
10. Lucy from While You Were Sleeping: Did you forget this is a Christmas movie? No matter. It turned out perfectly! Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman were happy forever. Most romantic movie of all time. Ask anybody!