25 Questions To Ask Someone When You’re Stuck Together During A Hurricaneby Chiara Atik on August 28, 2011
In case you’re just now waking up from a coma (and decided to check The Date Report first thing), there is a hurricane coming. Her (its?) name is Irene. At best, she’ll blow through quickly, but at worst, depending where you live, you might be in for a looong weekend of no power, no public transportation (if you’re in NYC), and nothing to do.
For relationships, being forcibly holed up with someone for hours is the equivalent of being thrown into the deep end. Still, you should take advantage of their rapt attention, and really get to know the person you’re with.
Here are some suggestions to help you pass the time this weekend. Print it out, laminate it (waterproof!), and refer to it throughout Hurricane Sunday.
1. Would you give a random person on the street CPR if they were dying?
2. Would you give a dog CPR if it was dying?
3. Wait, do you even know CPR? Should we practice?
4. Would you rate your first sexual experience as good/bad/average?
6. By the way, how good of a swimmer are you? Just wondering.
7. If you randomly switched genders in a weird sort of Freaky Friday thing, what would you do first?
8. Can you taste the difference between Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, and Coke Zero?
9. If we got trapped here forever, and eventually ran out of food, and I eventually died, would you eat me?
10. Tell me everything you know about The Civil War. Everything.
11. If you could cheat on me with one person we know, who would it be? JUST WONDERING.
12. If you were forced to only have one DVD set of one season of one TV show for the rest of your life, what would it be?
13. FMK: Belle, Jasmine, or Ariel?
14. Do you want to try on my clothes? It could be fun.
15. What is the most scared you’ve ever been in your life?
16. By the way, who is in your solodex?
17. Would you rather have a relationship that was perfect for three years and then terrible for one, or an “eh” relationship that lasted forever?
18. If you could go back into time and live in one era, which would you choose?
19. Describe your high school prom.
20. Just, hypothetically, if we had kids, what would you want to name them? HYPOTHETICALLY, we’re in a hurricane, geez!
21. What was your most embarrassing sexual experience?
22. If you could switch careers, would you? What would you be?
23. What was the one toy you were never allowed to have as a kid?
24. Can I cut your hair?
25. If you HAD to be trapped on an island with someone for hours and hours on end with no out and no one else to talk to for the rest of time without — why are you getting uncomfortable? you look like you’re getting uncomfortable. –without any hope of rescue, would it be me? It would be me, right?